🍕 Scene 1 — Ordering Pizza
Luigi’s Pizza — How can I help you?
露易吉披萨店——我能帮您什么?
Hello, I’d like to order two pizzas, please.
你好,我想订两份披萨。
Yes, of course. What would you like?
当然可以。您想要什么口味的?
Can I have one pepperoni pizza and one tuna pizza?
我要一份意大利辣香肠披萨和一份金枪鱼披萨。
Small, medium, or big size?
小、中还是大份?
Medium, please.
中份,谢谢。
Would you like some extra ingredients on your pizzas?
您想加点额外的配料吗?
Yes, on the second one, can you add olives?
想,在第二个披萨上加点橄榄可以吗?
Anything else?
还需要别的吗?
Yes, I’d like a portion of chips and two cokes, please.
要,再来一份薯条和两瓶可乐。
So, to sum up: two medium-sized pizzas — pepperoni and tuna with olives — a portion of chips, and two cokes.
总结一下:两份中号披萨——一份辣香肠、一份金枪鱼加橄榄——一份薯条和两瓶可乐。
Yes, that’s right.
对,没错。
That’ll be 30.25. How will you pay for that?
一共是30.25美元。您打算怎么付款?
Can I pay cash?
我可以付现金吗?
Yes, of course.
当然可以。
Is this for takeout or home delivery?
请问是外带还是送餐?
Home delivery.
送餐上门。
Can you tell me your address and phone number?
能告诉我您的地址和电话号码吗?
Sure. The address is 345 South Street, Apartment A.
当然,地址是南街345号A公寓。
And the phone number is 503-850-6755.
电话号码是503-850-6755。
The driver will be there in about 40 minutes.
送餐员大约40分钟后到达。
Great, thank you!
太好了,谢谢!
Thank you for your order. Have a nice day.
感谢您的订餐,祝您有美好的一天。
🍽️ Scene 2 — At the Restaurant
I’ve been dying to try this place.
我一直很想来这家餐厅试试。
Me too. It smells so good. I’ve heard their food is fresh, healthy, and tasty.
我也是。味道好香啊!我听说他们的食物新鲜、健康又美味。
I love the décor. It’s elegant and traditional.
我喜欢这里的装修风格,又优雅又传统。
Hello.
你好。
Hello, I’m Anna, and I’ll be taking care of you both today.
你好,我是安娜,今天由我来为你们服务。
Can I start you off with some drinks? We have herbal tea, coffee, and a variety of soft drinks.
要先来点饮料吗?我们有花草茶、咖啡,还有各种软饮。
I’ll have a peppermint tea, please.
请给我一杯薄荷茶。
And I’ll have a coffee with cream and sugar.
我要一杯加奶加糖的咖啡。
I’ll go grab your drinks and give you a chance to look over the menu.
我去拿饮料,你们可以先看看菜单。
Everything on the menu looks delicious.
菜单上的每样看起来都很好吃。
I know, I’m not sure what to order. I can’t make up my mind.
是啊,我也不知道该点什么,拿不定主意。
Here are your drinks. Are you ready to order?
这是你们的饮料。现在要点餐了吗?
This is our first time here. Do you have any favorite dishes you would recommend?
我们是第一次来。你有什么推荐的菜吗?
I love the Cobb salad and the grilled chicken sandwich. They’re two of our most popular items.
我喜欢科布沙拉和烤鸡三明治,这两样是我们最受欢迎的菜品。
What exactly is Cobb salad?
科布沙拉到底是什么?
Romaine lettuce topped with fresh avocado, bacon, egg, tomato, blue cheese, and ranch dressing.
罗马生菜上加上新鲜的鳄梨、培根、鸡蛋、番茄、蓝纹奶酪和田园酱。
Sounds interesting. Do you want to get the Cobb salad and I’ll get the sandwich, then we can share both?
听起来不错。你要不要点沙拉,我点三明治,我们可以互相分享?
Great idea.
好主意。
One Cobb salad and one grilled chicken sandwich, please.
请给我们一份科布沙拉和一份烤鸡三明治。
Perfect. Your order will be served in a few minutes.
好的,几分钟后就会送上来。
💇 Scene 3 — At the Hair Salon
Hello, Stephanie.
你好,斯蒂芬妮。
Hi, Tara. It’s so good to see you.
嗨,塔拉。见到你真高兴。
Good to see you too. How have you been?
我也很高兴见到你。最近怎么样?
Busy as usual. And you?
老样子,挺忙的。你呢?
Same here. I’m way overdue for a haircut.
我也是。我的头发早就该剪了。
What are we going to do today? Just a trim or something more dramatic?
今天打算剪一点,还是想换个大胆的造型?
Actually, I think I want a change. I want to have a trendy look.
其实,我想换个造型,想要时尚一点的发型。
I’m considering a short bob style.
我在考虑剪一个短波波头。
I don’t want long wavy hair anymore. I want short straight hair.
我不想再留长卷发了,我想要短直发。
That would look great on you.
那肯定很适合你。
We would need to cut off about six inches. Are you okay with that?
我们得剪掉大约六英寸的头发,可以吗?
You bet! I’m so ready for something different.
当然!我早就准备好改变了。
And what about color? Are we keeping with your usual blonde highlights?
那颜色呢?还保留你原来的金色挑染吗?
I’m not sure. I was thinking of going with something a little darker.
我不确定,我在考虑染深一点。
How about we dye it completely brunette? What do you think?
那我们把它染成棕色怎么样?你觉得呢?
Not quite. I’d prefer a brown color.
不完全,我更想要自然棕色。
Okay, let’s do it. Let’s start with the shampoo.
好吧,就这么定。先洗个头吧。
Is the water too hot?
水会不会太烫?
No, it feels good.
不会,刚刚好。
And now let’s put in some conditioner.
现在加点护发素。
We’re ready for the cut.
可以开始剪了。
I’m so excited for this new style.
我对这个新造型太期待了!
Me too. I think it will fit you perfectly.
我也是,我觉得非常适合你。
It’s so stylish. I love it!
太时尚了,我太喜欢了!
I’m glad you like it. You look fantastic.
很高兴你喜欢,你看起来太棒了。
Thank you!
谢谢!
You’re very welcome.
不客气。
💈 Scene 4 — At the Barber Shop
Hello there. What can I do for you today?
你好,今天想剪什么?
I’d like a cut and a shave, please.
请帮我剪发和刮胡子。
Not a problem. Let’s start with a quick shampoo.
没问题,我们先洗个头。
Okay, sounds good.
好的,听起来不错。
And now on to the cut. What is your usual style?
现在开始剪发。你平时喜欢什么样的发型?
I usually wear it a little longer on the top but pretty short everywhere else.
我一般顶部留长一点,两侧剪短。
Okay. And which way do you normally part?
好的。你通常往哪边分头?
To the right.
往右边。
Let’s get started.
那就开始吧。
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Looks good.
挺不错的。
And now for the shave. Any special requests?
接下来刮胡子,有特别要求吗?
Would you like me to leave a goatee or a mustache?
要我给你留山羊胡还是小胡子?
No thanks. I’m ready for my face to be smooth again.
不用了,谢谢。我想脸光滑干净。
That looks great. I look like a whole new man.
真不错,我看起来像换了个人似的。
Thanks. What do I owe you?
谢谢,多少钱?
That’ll be fifteen.
十五美元。
Here’s a twenty. Keep the change.
给你二十,不用找了。
Thanks.
谢谢。
🏋️ Scene 5 — At the Gym
Hello. How can I help you?
你好,请问有什么可以帮您的吗?
Can you please tell me how much the membership fee at this gym is?
请问这家健身房的会员费是多少?
It’s 35 per month. If you choose to pay annually, you’ll only need to pay 350.
每月35美元。如果按年付,只需350美元。
That sounds good. What are your opening hours?
听起来不错。你们的营业时间是?
We open at 5 a.m. and close at midnight.
我们早上5点开门,午夜关门。
Do you have personal trainers?
有私人教练吗?
Sure we do. We can show you what to do, how to do it, and why you’re doing it.
当然有。我们会教你做什么、怎么做、以及为什么要这么做。
Have you worked with a personal trainer before?
你之前跟私人教练合作过吗?
No, I haven’t.
没有。
For your first classes, we’ll assign you one of our expert personal trainers.
第一次课我们会安排一位专业教练。
Nutrition advice is included in the plan.
计划中包含营养建议。
That’s a very good deal.
真不错的套餐。
Yes, it is. If you want to continue with your trainer after the first few classes, it costs extra though.
是的,但如果之后继续和教练上课,需要额外付费。
I see. Okay, I’d like to apply for a gym membership.
明白了。我想办会员。
I’ll sign up for a month.
我先办一个月。
Great. Please fill out this application form.
好的,请填写这份申请表。
I’m so pumped for this workout today!
我今天超有干劲!
I’m still sore from our last workout. What are we doing today?
我上次练完还酸着呢。今天练什么?
You’re gonna love it! First we’ll lift weights, then take an aerobics class, and finish with yoga stretches.
你会喜欢的!先举重,再上有氧课,最后做瑜伽。
That sounds like a lot! I thought we were going to run outside today.
听起来好多!我以为今天要去户外跑步。
We’re going to run outside later today.
待会儿还要跑步呢。
Are you serious? I don’t think I’ll have any energy left for that!
你是认真的吗?我估计没力气了!
Of course you will. Don’t worry. Let’s start with weights.
当然会有,别担心。先举重吧。
I think three days a week at the gym is too much for me.
我觉得一周三次太多了。
If you want to build muscles, resistance, and strength, you need to stick to the gym.
如果你想练肌肉、增强耐力,就得坚持。
We’re building good habits too.
我们也在养成好习惯。
I need to lose some weight too.
我还得减点肥。
Nutrition is also important if you want to lose weight.
如果想减肥,饮食也很关键。
If you start eating healthy, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to lose weight.
开始健康饮食,你会发现减肥很容易。
I agree. We need to make some changes in our diet too.
同意,我们也要调整饮食。
We can fuel up with fruits and veggies after the workout.
锻炼后可以吃水果和蔬菜补充能量。
It’s time for our aerobics class. Let’s go!
到有氧课时间了,走吧!
💐 Scene 6 — Buying Flowers
Hello.
你好。
Hello, sir. Are you looking for anything special today?
你好,先生,今天想买什么特别的吗?
Yes, I’d like to get my wife some flowers. It’s our anniversary today.
我想给我妻子买花。今天是我们的纪念日。
Well, happy anniversary! How many years have you been married?
祝你们纪念日快乐!你们结婚几年了?
Five years.
五年。
That’s great! Well, I have several options for you. Does your wife have a favorite flower?
真好!我有几种选择。你太太喜欢哪种花?
She loves roses and daisies, but she really likes any type of flower.
她喜欢玫瑰和雏菊,但其实各种花都喜欢。
You could go the traditional romantic route and get her a dozen red roses.
你可以选经典浪漫的路线——送她一打红玫瑰。
I thought about that, but I’d like something a little more creative and unique.
我想过,但我想选更特别一点的。
Hmm, I have some bouquets that combine a few roses with seasonal flowers.
嗯,我这有几束混合花束,有玫瑰也有时令花。
That sounds like something she might like.
听起来不错,她可能会喜欢。
This one has pink roses, tulips, and calla lilies, and it comes with a beautiful vase.
这束有粉玫瑰、郁金香、马蹄莲,还有一个漂亮的花瓶。
That looks great. How much is it?
看起来不错,多少钱?
100.
100美元。
Wow, that’s out of my budget. Do you have anything in the 50 range?
哇,有点贵。有五十美元左右的吗?
Of course. This vase with pink and yellow roses is forty-nine, or this one is forty without roses.
当然。这束粉黄玫瑰49美元,或者这束40美元,不过没有玫瑰。
It really brightens up the room, don’t you think?
这束花能让房间更亮,你觉得呢?
That bouquet looks unique. I think my wife will love it.
确实特别,我想我妻子会喜欢。
I’ll take it.
我就买这束。
Perfect. I’ll box it for you so you can take it safely.
好的,我会给你装进结实的盒子里。
Thank you.
谢谢。
📚 Scene 7 — At the Library
Hello. What can I help you with today?
你好,今天需要什么帮助?
I’d like to apply for a library card.
我想办一张借书证。
Sure. Do you have proof of residence — a driver’s license or something showing you live in this city?
当然。请出示居住证明,比如驾照或能证明你住在本市的证件。
Yes, here you go.
有的,给你。
Thank you. Now please fill out this application.
谢谢,请填写这张申请表。
Okay, all done.
好了,填完了。
All right, now please sign the back of the card.
好的,请在卡的背面签名。
Okay, you’re all set. Here is your card.
好了,一切搞定,这是你的卡。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Now you can go and look for the books you want to read.
现在你可以去找想看的书了。
Then you must come here to sign them out.
然后来这里登记借出。
You can only check out three books at a time.
一次最多借三本书。
You can also use a computer to look up any book.
你也可以用电脑查找书籍。
There’s also a reading area where you can sit and read.
还有阅读区可以坐着看书。
I see. Can you please tell me where the fiction section is?
我明白了,请问小说区在哪?
Yes, it’s in the rear left corner of the library.
在图书馆的左后角。
Thank you very much for your help.
非常感谢你的帮助。